Random Numbers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This is my blog traffic on a normal day:


DayDatePage Loads



Monday 30th January 2012 71
Sunday 29th January 2012 48
Saturday 28th January 2012 50
Friday 27th January 2012 44
Thursday 26th January 2012 42
Wednesday 25th January 2012 37
Tuesday 24th January 2012 42



If, on a given day, I put up a new post, that yields a slightly higher number:

DayDatePage Loads
Wednesday 4th January 2012 115


However, add a link from QueryShark into the mix on the day I announce a sale, and this happens:

DayDatePage Loads
Tuesday 31st January 2012 2,038

8 Chiming In:

Linda said...

I'm one of those new readers and I've bookmarked your blog. I'm looking forward to digging into the archives :)

Carrie Butler said...

Never underestimate the power of The Shark. ;)

Enjoy the traffic boost, Josin! You've earned it.

Bryan Russell said...

Plus, you are awesome, and that might have something to do with it. You deserve it. It's time to do a dance. Or a shot. Either/or, really.

Marsha Sigman said...

Holy Hell.

The Shark is awesome but everyone knows it was only a matter of time before you had a sell!

Michael Seese said...

Whoa! I need that kind of traffic.

And, CONGRATULATIONS, of course.

Renee Silvana said...

I had the urge today to go back to QueryShark today and pull up the PREMEDITATED query, because I'd forgotten the title and wanted to see what happened with it. And, because I don't actually pay any attention to the "yes" list, I googled "claire dinah premeditated." This blog came up. And I am so, so excited that I'll have the opportunity to read the book whose query has been haunting me for a year.

Terri Lynn Coop said...

I know! I got a shout out on The Shark's main blog and my traffic went up as well. Behold the power . . . and you deserve 1000% with your awesome book deals. Can't wait to see Premeditated!

Adam Gaylord said...

So that's all I have to do to get blog traffic!

Post a Comment