Elfin the Short

Sunday, April 18, 2010


This picture's a couple of years old, but so far it's the only one I've been able to locate of me in costume. (Seriously, there are more photos on record for your average vampire than there are of me. I think I'm allergic to flash photography. ;-P) Anyway, since my memory cards have mysteriously vanished, I dug up a print copy and scanned it, so the quality stinks. But, Terry asked for it, so...

Without further stalling, I give you: Elfin the Short. (The person beside me is 8 years old under the "helmet", so yeah... I'm that short.)

I'm particularly proud of this costume because I made it myself out of a set of leather curtains. No, I didn't make the bow, but the duster, the braces, the shirt, etc... all me. :-) And yes, it does make me Geek Queen for actually making my own RenFest costume.

4 Chiming In:

Terry Towery said...

Ok, I was just messing with you and now you've gone and RUINED it for me. See, I was hoping you would look like a compelete dork so I could tease you mercilessly.

What I didn't bank on was that you would look ... adorable.

Seriously, that is the cutest freaking outfit and picture I've ever seen. Damn you. ;)

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

You can only be geek queen if you wear it just because, even when it isn't for a ren faire.

Stephanie Thornton said...

Wow! I've never even heard of leather curtains, much less making a costume out of them. That beats Scarlet O'Hara for sure!

Josin L. McQuein said...

Heh. Hadn't thought of Scarlet, but it's a great visual! (At least I left off the curtain rods...)

I used them because it let me cheat on the outer hem and they were already lined. ;-P

Post a Comment